WELCOME


Monday, February 22, 2010

Aari embroidery







Yes I am back after a long time as I was really busy with my grand children.I didn't do much of embroidery but will surely start doing one project after another.This one I started long back and almost finished it.I learnt Aari in Coimbatore and just didn't practice much.And here they don't teach you with Aari frame for smaller work.We can do this with our regular hoop,only  thing it should be really tight with a drum effect.This is suitable for work done on cotton or thick materials.I think you can understand what I mean.Only for synthetic material you need that frame as you cannot pull it for tightening as you do for cotton fabrics.You just sit with a table and chair and rest the frame on the edge of the table and hold it with some heavy object.I will take a snap of it and post it soon.

This is my first attempt and in future I will surely improve.


5 comments:

Anusuya said...

WOW Mahalakshmi,
you have done a wonderful job. recently i bought an aari hook but cudnt work with it. I would love to see how you do it. do post some pictures plizzzz..

love,
anu

Anonymous said...

Hello Mahalakshi, You do such beautiful work. I hope to sew on some clothes this spring, and I'd love to do some needle/embroidery work. Your work inspires me! I am also glad you are back! Don be away so long again. I have 6 grandchildren that are around me all the time, so trust me, I understand how they take time. All of mine are 6yrs old to 5 months old. :)

Mahalakshmi said...

Hi Cathy,
I am really happy it came out well.This is my first project.I will surely keep posting my work.Thak you for your nice words.

Mahalakshmi

Unknown said...

Hi Mahalakshmigaru how r u? i saw your aari work on maroon colour dress it was so nice and beutiful.I want to do aari work on my thick blue pattu saree please suggest me some nice designs to do on it.My email id is swathireddy.yerraguntla@gmail.com

G.AruljothiKarikalan said...

please send me a snap how u do aari work with a hoop.... coz i got the needle but i couldn't stitch with a hoop