WELCOME


Saturday, July 10, 2010

Smocking.

After a long time I want to give a try at my smocking skills.It has been nearly 20years since I did the last one.I stitched a grand skirt and top for my daughter when she was very young.Now I want to do for my grand daughter.So did a sample for a trial.I took a cloth of 16" long to do this and wanted to know the finished measurement, so that i will know exactly how much cloth I need to make a dress.I marked dots 1cm apart and did this.I think honey comb is much easier than smocking.So I searched the net for Honeycomb stitch and bumped into a wonderful tutorial.Here is the address.
http://katafalk.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/honeycomb-smocking-tutorial/#comment-450

BEFORE & AFTER





5 comments:

Lakshmi said...

beautiful..smocking frocks look so cute on kids..smocking become trend on saree blouse too like on hands and patch work on back..i just loved it but couldn't try yet.:) you really motivated me..have to give a try..

shirley said...

Hi, Smocking is a lovely decoration for clothing. I did a fair bit when the grandchildren were small, and now I have a smocking machine of my own hardly do anything except smocked xmas balls....am waiting for my eldest son and his wife to have children so I can give it to DIL.

Ninu said...

love smocking, especially on kids's frocks.. u did a great job!!

Thendral said...

Very nice. Thank you for the link. It will be very useful for me.

zoyashe said...

thats great.. i wanted to know how u can stitch it on a salwar, without using it a separate attachment.. kindly tell me the measurement for that.. i have been plannning to do one for myself but am not sure how to go about it.. thanks